One of my strengths is working with a very wide range of people, including those marginalised by society. I have worked with very young deaf children, as a Crisis Counsellor and with people in South Pacific and Asian countries.
I have been a Registered Psychologist since 1993, I am a Registered Psychotherapist and a trained Counsellor.
I can help adults with stress, anxiety, low self-esteem and depression.
- Trained as a Supervisor in the Conversational Model of Psychotherapy (ANZAP)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Adult Psychotherapy (ANZAP)
- Registered with the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand #PB702
- Clinical member of the Australia and New Zealand Association of Psychotherapy (ANZAP)
- Registered with New Zealand Psychologists Board #90-01232
- Member New Zealand Psychological Society (NZPsS)
- Member New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists (NZAP)
- PG Dip Industrial & Organisational Psychology
- MA (Hons) Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling
- Higher Diploma of Teaching.
I use the Conversational Model of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy because it restores a sense of personal identity and wellbeing. It is one of the best validated of all currently employed psychotherapies and a very strong evidence base supports its effectiveness, see Research. To get an idea of the experience of this therapy, go to Being in Therapy.
I have two supervisors – a Psychotherapist (weekly) and a Clinical Psychologist (fortnightly).
Contact me now to make a booking.